amazon s3 RRS feed

• Question

• Hello friends,

I need to upload files to amazon s3 from my silverlight app that is hosted in a browser page.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 8:09 PM

Answers

• You can do it directy implementing a web service that communicates with Amazon. Your Silverlight Application only offers the UI.

Regards.

- Chris.

• Marked as answer by todo1979 Friday, February 22, 2013 9:38 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:58 PM

All replies

• Hi todo1979, You must implement your upload logic in a WCF Service. So, Silverlight call call to that function and your files will be uploaded.

Hope it helps a little.

Regards.

- Chris.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 9:45 PM
  • Thanks for your reply,

I allready have an .asmx webservice, the application is 100% functional... well, except amazon... I would like to store the files on amazon (depending on the success of the application there will be thouthands of files created by the users) and I need amazon because I fear that growing the application will reach a point in which the hosting provider will not allocate enough space for my account.

As for wcf... that means my server will receive the data and then froward it to amazon... twice the traffic that I would like to be made by the client and not my server. Am I correct?

Still, it would be great to have some code that uploads files to amazon because now I have nothing.

Thank you very much.

Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:20 PM
  • Yes, Means that you going to receive the data and the forward to the amazon server. Amazon doesn't provide WCF support directly so, you must implement that part.

But, you also can consume the amazon service directly adding a service reference in your Silverlight Project. That way is not necesary two travels to your service and amazon service.

Here is a small sample about Amazon S3:

Consumes Amazon Web Services

Hope it helps.

- Chris.

Friday, February 22, 2013 1:53 PM
  • Thanks for helping. Now I am 99% sure that I will need to go wcf first and then send it to amazon. However, I did saw somewhere how to do upload directly from client's silverlight but can't find it any more... The awssdk is not intended for silverlight and now I am almost desperate, I need to make it work directly from user's browser
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:46 PM
  • You can do it directy implementing a web service that communicates with Amazon. Your Silverlight Application only offers the UI.

Regards.

- Chris.

• Marked as answer by todo1979 Friday, February 22, 2013 9:38 PM
    Friday, February 22, 2013 8:58 PM
  • Ok, thanks a lot.
    Friday, February 22, 2013 9:38 PM