How to get SharePoint Login information to use it in an ASP.NET website which is hosted inside that SharePoint Site ? RRS feed

• Question

• User1517784313 posted

Hi to all.The website project i have been working is hosted in a SharePoint Site. I didn't implemented any Authentication for my ASP.NET website as we already have authentication in SharePoint level. Now my requirement is based on the LoggedIn User information i need to do some code manipulations in my ASP.NET website. I know about authentication in ASP.NET level but i am novice in SharePoint.So can anyone please guide me on how to get that SharePoint LogIn information in my ASP.NET website and how to use that information in ASP.NET Website.

P.S : I have integrated my ASP.NET website into that SharePoint Site by using an IFrame in the SharePoint Page via a Content Editor Web Part. The ASP.NET web application doesn't have any authentication & authorization implemented in it.But the SharePoint site is having some authentication implemented

Wednesday, April 30, 2014 5:23 AM

Answers

• User-933257319 posted

hi Jagan,

in sharepoint you can get current user details using SPContext.Current.Web.CurrentUser

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Wednesday, April 30, 2014 8:32 AM