none
Need Help Converting Lookup ID to Title in Access Web App

Question

• Hello,

I have a field in a table that is a Lookup to another table. The Lookup field displays the title of a Bible Study Course, but is bound to an ID from the Bible Course table (rightly so).

I'd like to copy the Bible Course Title into a new field, but in order to do that I need a macro that can lookup the ID and then convert the ID to the Title. (I'm copying Fall course titles to Spring course titles)

This macro currently works, but takes too long to process: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bzc-OnhLGLTmWHNEYnlyci1oZjQ

Also, I'd like to not have to use the "ForEachRecord" command, which is updating each record in the table. I'd like to only update the current record if possible.

Is there a simpler solution?

Thanks

• Edited by caballar1 Monday, March 20, 2017 6:59 PM
    Monday, March 20, 2017 6:57 PM

All replies

• Hello,

If you want to only update the current record, you could use LookupRecord Data Block (Access custom web app) to find a certain record based on current record.

Regards,

Celeste

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, March 21, 2017 5:09 AM