AppFabric Dashboard: Casting Error RRS feed

• Question

• I am running AppFabric 1.1 on Windows Server 2012. When gathering data, the AppFabric dashboard encounters the following error:

Unabled to cast object of type 'System.Management.Automation.PSCustomObject' to type 'Microsoft.ApplicationServer.Management.Data.Group...'

This is a brand new server with only a single "hello" service installed and AppFabric is fully configured.

Any ideas about what might be causing this exception? 

Sunday, September 9, 2012 12:09 AM

All replies

• I have the same Error. Do you find a Solution ?

DDK

Wednesday, September 12, 2012 2:09 PM
  • AppFabric 1.1 is not officially supported on Windows Server 2012 right now for workflow and service management. It sounds like the PowerShell scripts used with it need to be updated for 2012.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Saturday, September 22, 2012 5:02 AM
  • I'm getting the same error on WinServ2012. What scripts needs to be updated?
    Friday, November 30, 2012 2:55 AM
  • Mikhail,

The AppFabric configuration wizard uses a PowerShell runspace I think, based on the PSCustomObject in the error. If I had to guess, it would be that the configuration wizard for AppFabric just needs to be updated to work with PowerShell 3.0 and on Server 2012.

Thanks,

If this answers your question, please use the "Answer" button to say so | Ben Cline

Saturday, December 8, 2012 4:42 AM