none
Using Virtual Visa for registering developer account

Question

• Hello, I have a virtual visa debit card and I want to register developer account with dreamspark code- can I do this or I should use my real debit card- and if I do so- will I be taken some money- because this won't be cool. Thank you in advice.
    Monday, December 30, 2013 4:32 PM

Answers

• Hello Peter,

If your virtual card meets the following qualifications then it should be okay. The best way to find out is to try using it during registration:

• You may use credit cards or debit cards to pay for your subscription.
    • We accept VISA, MasterCard, and in some markets, American Express and Discover.
    • We are unable to accept credit or debit cards that use chip and PIN security, such as VISA VSDC (Visa Smart Debit/Credit), MasterCard MChip, American Express AEIPS, and JCB J Smart.
    • We are unable to accept prepaid cards, ATM bank cards, direct bank account information (wire transfers, etc.)

Regardless of which type of card you use there will be a preauthorization of $1 USD to check to make sure the card is valid, following by a verification amount which will be a random amount between $0.01 and $5 USD. All of these are temporary transactions which will refund within 5-10 days.

-Eric

Windows Phone Developer Support

Send us your feedback about the Dev Center

Windows 8 UI Developer Support

Thursday, January 9, 2014 1:42 AM