Group form RRS feed

• Question

• Is there a way for me to assign a form to a group, or collect data from 2 users, and have them work together on filling it out? Or possibly have one will out part, and the other review that and fill it out the rest of the way?

Thank you!

Monday, October 24, 2011 3:39 PM

All replies

• Use Infopath form. Create status field on the form.

On creating new item set status as pending. On pending status create rule to disable/hide set of fields to be filled by approver.

The user will complete the form and submit it. This should trigger a workflow which will create a task for the approved and also change status to sent for approval. On this status set the rule to enable fields for approver and disable/hide fields filled by the user.

Hope you got the idea

Shubham Goyal
    Monday, October 24, 2011 7:14 PM
  • I don't have Infopath
    Monday, October 24, 2011 9:47 PM
  • In that case you can achieve similar process by including a status column in the list and creating custom forms for the list. You need to create two forms

• Form for Submitter: It will include custom new form showing only fields to be submitted by user.
    • Form for approver: It will have display form to show fields submitted by user and also a edit form to take inputs of approver

Also if you simply need approval and their is no requirement that the user should not be able to edit the approver fields and vice versa then also check the approval workflow or create approval workflow using SPD.

Shubham Goyal
    Tuesday, October 25, 2011 5:08 AM
  • Ok, if I do it that way, is it possible to have them fill the form in parallel, while updating the form after one of them fills it out?
    Friday, October 28, 2011 3:34 PM
  • More details on what you are trying to implement would help in suggesting you the right approach.
    Shubham Goyal
    Friday, October 28, 2011 6:26 PM
  • I just want the first person to fill out a form, then I want the second person to be able to see and edit the first person's answers if they deem it necessary.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 2:01 PM
  • If that is your requirement then a simple approval workflow can be used. Trigger it when the first person completes the form [write workflow on item edit and check for status column to check if the user 1 has completed his part]. When user 1 is done with the changes workflow will send alert email to user 2 with a link to the item. Here the user 2 can check and make changes and finally approve or reject it.
    Shubham Goyal
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:36 PM
  • Is there a way to do that within a workflow? I need to be doing things on either side, and already have everything set up except how to show the second person what the first person input, and a way for them to change it.
    Tuesday, November 1, 2011 7:59 PM
  • Create your own custom list forms and mail the link to the users using send email action of the workflow.

Shubham Goyal
    Wednesday, November 2, 2011 6:39 PM
  • I can do that, but I am unsure how to show user 2 the input of user 1 within their form.
    Thursday, November 3, 2011 4:56 PM
  • You can include display form as well as edit form on a single page.

In User 2 form you have to include two data view web parts...one Display form showing the input of user 1 and other a edit form to get user 2 input.

Shubham Goyal
    Friday, November 4, 2011 11:45 AM
  • Could you explain how to do that please?
    Friday, November 4, 2011 9:46 PM