none
indexing of a sqlce database table and c# code to use to filter the records RRS feed

• Question

• Dear all,

i am developing an application in windowsCE in c#.net using sqlce database, in which i have to retrieve a record from database table by filtering. In this process it takes much time to retrieve the record. some one has suggested me to use indexing technique of shorting and then use filter to retrieve the records.

it would be appreciable if some one help me how to write filre code in c#.et compact using indexing of a database table.

Thanks

Rajababu Sharma

• Moved by Mike Feng Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:08 AM CE (From:.NET Platform Architecture Development Discussions)
    Tuesday, August 14, 2012 10:37 AM

All replies

• Hi RajaBabu,

Welcome to the MSDN Forum.

I have moved this thread to a more appropriate forum for better support.

Best regards,

Mike Feng
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 8:07 AM
  • Say more about what you have to do. Nothing is going to make "SELECT * FROM tblMyTable WHERE MyValue = 6;" run any faster in SQLCE except creating an index on MyValue.

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms345331.aspx

If that's not fast enough, you need faster hardware (processor or data storage).

Paul T.

Wednesday, August 15, 2012 3:34 PM