how to store multiple check box values in a text box or calculated field in Infopath 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• I have multiple check boxes, when the user selects the check box, the selection should appear in a text box or any control that shows all the check box values.

This is browser enabled form, so I can’t use multiple list box control (that would be the best solution). I added a section and added 5 check boxes to it and I tried repeating table. But the issue with repeating table is when the user checks checkbox#2, the selection appears in textbox#2 (should be in textbox#1) in the repeating table and it doesn’t look appropriate.

If I use calculated field, can I store the value in the SharePoint list?

Thanks

Wednesday, April 11, 2012 6:13 PM

Answers

• I think i solved the issue. I'm using a text box instead of expression field and added this formula in text box expression field

substring(eval(eval(group2[. != ""], 'concat(";", .)'), ".."), 2). and it worked. And i changed the data type of check box to text and added the value when the check box is checked. I'll only save the text box data to share point list so i guess the check box data type shouldn't be a problem.

When i select any checkbox in the section it shows the selection in the text box.

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Thanks</o:p>

• Marked as answer by MadnanM Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:26 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:44 PM

All replies

• I think i solved the issue. I'm using a text box instead of expression field and added this formula in text box expression field

substring(eval(eval(group2[. != ""], 'concat(";", .)'), ".."), 2). and it worked. And i changed the data type of check box to text and added the value when the check box is checked. I'll only save the text box data to share point list so i guess the check box data type shouldn't be a problem.

When i select any checkbox in the section it shows the selection in the text box.

<o:p></o:p>

<o:p>Thanks</o:p>

• Marked as answer by MadnanM Wednesday, April 11, 2012 11:26 PM
    Wednesday, April 11, 2012 7:44 PM
  • Thanks for the simple and great Solution.
    Thursday, December 19, 2013 9:37 AM