Re-Loaded RRS feed

• Question

• Can someone assist please.  I have have just re-loaded Expression Web on my new laptop but when I go to use the wizard to link to my website, it tells me this in not possible as its telling me its unable to import from our website. HELP!!!  We have been able to do this every time before without any problems. Cheers!
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 7:53 AM

All replies

• Why are you using the wizard? Create a local site and fill in the FTP information in Site > Publishing Settings then connect to your hosted site and publish down.

Importing is for when you don't have credentials to the site and you want to study the code.

Free Expression Web Tutorials
    For an Expression Web forum with without the posting issues try expressionwebforum.com

Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:05 PM
  • Linking to your website and importing are unconnected.  By "linking", I assume you mean entering the publishing information.  That has nothing to do with importing a site.  Importing a site is for when it's not your site, and you just want to look at the code: it gets what any public visitor could fetch in their browser.  To publish to your site, you enter your publishing credentials by setting up a publishing destination for the site.  Generally, that would be your FTP information.
    Sunday, February 12, 2012 3:31 PM