Python IoT Hub SDK in Docker container RRS feed

• Question

• Hi forum,

I try use IoT Hub SDK in docker. I install the python2 and necessary library (device_client & service_client).

When I try send data to the IoTHub I get some error message.

Error: Time:Mon Jul 16 15:50:28 2018 File:/usr/sdk/src/c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core_ll.c Func:IoTHubClientCore_LL_CreateFromConnectionString Line:892 iotHubName is not found
    Error: Time:Mon Jul 16 15:50:28 2018 File:/usr/sdk/src/c/iothub_client/src/iothub_client_core.c Func:create_iothub_instance Line:928 Failure creating iothub handle

Confirmation[0] received for message with result = OK

In the end I check the message is send to IoTHub. It correct to send. 

I don't get it why have this error message. How could I do to fixed this issue?

Monday, July 16, 2018 8:10 AM

All replies

• Hello MTMJohnathan,

I reproduced your issue using Python Pip packages: azure-iothub-device-client.

As you already found that the SDK works and send messages to Azure IoT Hub successfully. But this error message seems unexpected. So feel free to use SDK  and let me know if it has any other issues.

I also test C SDK and it doesn't reproduce this issue. So you can open an issue on python sdk repo.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Monday, July 16, 2018 9:59 AM
  • Hello MTMJohnathan,

I opened this issue on Python SDK repo on github. You can Pick your reaction and add your environment information that reproduced the issue. This will be helpful for related engineer investigate and confirm the issue. Thanks for your contribution.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 1:24 AM
  • Thanks Moderator.

I create a issue on python sdk repo.

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 2:42 AM
  • Hello MTMJohnathan,

Thanks for information.

The issue I opened is assigned and updating. You can keep an eye on it.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

Tuesday, July 17, 2018 8:00 AM
  • Hello MTMJohnathan,

Share the update from GitHub issue here:

This issue seems like a generalized issue and will be looking at it from the C SDK perspective. Once this is fixed, new packages will be released.

Best regards,

Rita

MSDN Community Support

Thursday, July 19, 2018 1:15 AM