Maintenance Plan working with DB mirrored RRS feed

• Question

• Hi again

Fortuneatly we have already our DB production with mirrored and working pretty well. All funcionalities are ok but Im having problems with Maitenance Plan and Backup of DB. I only want to shedule a maintenance to do a backup of DB but its my first time that I work with DB with mirror so I don't know If threre is something I forgotten.

Is a very strange error because If I do a normal backup on DB mirrored with Tasks > Backup (Full, overwrite to file) the backup is well done. But I don't know why crashes when I use Maintenance Plan.

Here is the log of error (DB is named as XXX)

Task start: 2009-02-18T12:49:38.
    Task end: 2009-02-18T12:49:49.
    Failed:(-1073548784) Executing the query "DBCC CHECKDB(N'XXX', NOINDEX)
    " failed with the following error: "Database 'XXX' cannot be opened. It has been marked SUSPECT by recovery. See the SQL Server errorlog for more information.
    A severe error occurred on the current command.  The results, if any, should be discarded.
    DBCC results for 'XXX'.
    Warning: NO_INDEX option of checkdb being used. Checks on non-system indexes will be skipped.
    CHECKDB found 0 allocation errors and 0 consistency errors in database 'XXX'.". Possible failure reasons: Problems with the query, "ResultSet" property not set correctly, parameters not set correctly, or connection not established correctly.

Is very strange becasuse I have a lot of free space on hard drive, in fact, as I wrote before I can do backups with Tasks. The other enigma is that, it says that DB is marked as SUSPECT but I have not noticed that. DB mirrored is working normally : /

My environment:
    Windows 2003 Server
    SQL 2005 Standard - SQL Server 9.0.4035 (SP3)
    4 GB

Can I do more test/benchmark to solve this issue?

Thanks a lot.

Wednesday, February 18, 2009 12:10 PM

All replies

• Hi,

You may not see the SUSPECT status when checking because the suspect status of the database may have been reset automatically (which is the case for certain transient scenarios in SQL 2005). Have you had a look in the SQL Server errorlog to check for errors or problems ?

Concerning the failing backup of the mirrored database (I'm assuming it's the principal): The errors seem to relate to the DBCC Check, not to the database backup. Have you checked in the errorlog for entries concerning the Database backup ?

Also it may be helpful to test with a maintenance plan which is only running a database backup.  

I hope this help,

Ulrike - MSFT

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Friday, February 20, 2009 8:55 AM