partial hyperlink in a textbox RRS feed

• Question

• i have a report for which i have combined two columns in one textbox saperating the line.

column 1 called offername and column 2 offer details. For column 1 that is offername i have a hyperlink which take me to the assigned window. but now as i have joined column 2 . i just want the first name to have hyperlink not the second one.

For example

OfferName

OfferDetails

1120 willow west

New York , usa

Like offer name has a hyperlink and Offerdetails to remain as a normal text. How can i do this , someone please help

HoneyBunch

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:06 PM

All replies

• HoneyBunch,

To achieve your scenario please follow the steps as below

• You already has your data source and data set ready with your report
    • Insert table to your report & bind your dataset with DataSetName property.
    • Double Click on the text box >> it will take to edit mode & then right click (refer below screen for your reference)
    • Click on Create Placeholder >> It will take you to the Placeholder Properties dialog box
    • Specify Label Name & Set Value from your drop down list (which is "OfferName")
    • In Placeholder Properties click on Font(Left Side Menu) and set Effects to UnderLine
    • In Placeholder Properties click on Action >> Go to URL >> Set your URL

You are done with your OfferName Hyperlink Here

Now follow same instructions to create another placeholder where you will set you "Offerdetails" without URL & Underline.

Make sure you have some space between two placeholders so it will look good on your report.

That's IT.... you are done .. run your report 

Thanks,
    Sandip Shinde(Blog:bi-bigdata.com|Twitter:@CloudBI_Sandip)

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:37 PM
  • i am using ssrs 2005, and did you mean i need to create another table and link the dataset that i am using for this table ????

HoneyBunch

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:50 PM

• You already has your data source and data set ready with your report

Thanks,

You already have it ... that was my assumption.. You can use your data source, data set & table... 

Thanks,

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:53 PM
  • i think Placeholders are in SSRS 2008 And above, i am not sure...but please help me i am using ssrs 2005

HoneyBunch

Wednesday, May 30, 2012 3:53 PM
  • HoneyBunch,

As this forum suggests, you need to mention which Reporting Version you are currently using in your original post. 

Thanks,

Thursday, May 31, 2012 7:24 AM