none
Invalid column name Model

Question

• When I create any new MVC template that with authentication from a SQL Server database, if I login, I am getting the error "Invalid column name Model" at below code.

var result = await SignInManager.PasswordSignInAsync(model.Email, model.Password, model.RememberMe, shouldLockout: false);

Friday, October 7, 2016 4:24 AM

Answers

• Hi HTTPMBI,

Is it occurred when installed Visual Studio or after using Visual Studio for a long time?

If it occurred after using a long time, Please troubleshooting with below steps.

1. Run Visual Studio in safe mode with "devenv/SafeMode" to isolate some third part of packages and software.
    2. Resetting all settings with this guidance
      https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms247075%28v=vs.100%29.aspx?f=255&MSPPError=-2147217396
    3. Please copy a MVC template from another computer which can login successful. If it can login successful, it means the MVC template in you Visual Studio is broken. Please restore the default project template with devenv/installvstemplate" command.

If it still can't login and it occurred when installed, please modify Visual Studio with following steps.

1. Open Control Panel.
    2. Select Visual Studio 2015 and right-click.
    3. Select "Change".
    4. Choose "Modify" button to check whether you have checked the "Microsoft SQL Server Data Tools". And then update it.

Best Regards,
    Weiwei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

• Marked as answer by HTTPMBI Wednesday, October 12, 2016 6:52 AM
    Friday, October 7, 2016 7:28 AM