none
Visual Studio 2017 RC crashes when right clicking something in the solution explorer

Question

•  I made a asp.net empty website then I went on solution explorer and then right clicked on Web Site(the circle thing) then it crashes, I have windows 10 and  have visual studio rc 2017.

• Edited by Chrislojet Monday, January 09, 2017 1:51 AM weird letters from a extension
    Monday, January 09, 2017 1:40 AM

All replies

• Hi Chrislojet,

Welcome to the MSDN forum.

>> I made a asp.net empty website

When you create project, did you chose the ASP.NET Web Application (.NET Framework)-Empty or ASP.NET Core Web Application (.NET Core)-empty? I found some community members reported some similar crash issue with the ASP.NET Core Web application in the Developer Community. If create not empty project, does this issue will occur or not?

>> I went on solution explorer and then right clicked on Web Site(the circle thing) then it crashes

Do you mean right click the project name under Solution Explorer and VS crashes? If so, please try to right click the solution name or other files, see if this issue will appear or not? If I misunderstand, please provide the detail information about the reproduce steps or share the screenshot in here.

Meanwhile, please check your VS 2017 RC is the latest version, go to Help-About Microsoft Visual Studio and check the version number or Tools-Extensions and Updates, if under ‘Updates’ tab, there list any pending product updates, please install it and restart the VS, then check this issue again.

If this issue persists, you can try to repair the VS 2017 RC, re-run the VS 2017 RC installer as administrator, then click the icon beside button and choose ‘Repair’ from the dropdown list. After that, try to create a new project and test it again.

Best regards,

Sara

MSDN Community Support
    Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com.

Tuesday, January 10, 2017 6:38 AM