none
WCF - Oracle adapter RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I need to call a stored procedure in oracle that have CLOB / XMLTYPE as input parameter.

While generating the schema for the package/procedure CLOB / XMLTYPE is "translated" to xsd:string type.

Problem is then putting xml string into the parameter field. Adapter don't accept the string content.

Is there any way aroung this.

I.e has anybody called a procedure in oracle with CLOB / XMLTYPE input parameter (with value = xml structure) with success?

(our backup solution is to use ws .net call but it's a pitty not beeing able to use out of the box adapter, rebuilding the wheel...)

thanks,

/Jakob

Monday, November 1, 2010 9:34 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi,

Please see thread http://bembengarifin-tech.blogspot.com/2008/01/biztalk-oracle-adapter-adonet.html that may help you.

Regards,

Tariq Majeed

Please mark it as answer if it helps
    Tuesday, November 2, 2010 12:38 AM
  • Hi!

He's using the biztalk 2006 adapter. I hoped that they solved this issue with the WCF - oracle adapter.

It *must* be quite a common scenario where you want to send xml payloads into oracle database?

regards,

/Jakob

Tuesday, November 2, 2010 6:49 AM
  • Hi Jakob,

Unfortunately this is a known issue which is by design. The support of XML type has not been built in the current version of the WCF Oracle Adapter. BizTalk product team has a plan to include the feature in the new version of the Oracle WCF Adapter. Currently you may need to refer to the article posted by Tariq for a work around.

Thanks.

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread.
    Friday, November 5, 2010 10:05 AM