Error when sending mails thru database mail RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All

I am receiving the following error when i send mails through database mail.

"The mail could not be sent to the recipients because of the mail server failure. (Sending Mail using Account 5 (2009-08-27T17:17:10). Exception Message: Cannot send mails to mail server. (The operation has timed out.)"

Regards
    Sundaram R
    Thursday, August 27, 2009 12:05 PM

Answers

• Hi,

From your description, it seems that the database mail does not work in your case, right?

Please try to configure the mail accont and make sure that the mail profile settings is right. Besides, you may go to Server Agent Properties, then Alert System, Enable Mail Profile "Database Mail". Then to History and checked on Delete job history. Stopped and Restarted SQL Server Agent and try again.

Thanks.

Microsoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:13 AM

All replies

• Hi,

From your description, it seems that the database mail does not work in your case, right?

Please try to configure the mail accont and make sure that the mail profile settings is right. Besides, you may go to Server Agent Properties, then Alert System, Enable Mail Profile "Database Mail". Then to History and checked on Delete job history. Stopped and Restarted SQL Server Agent and try again.

Thanks.

Microsoft Online Community Support Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Wednesday, September 2, 2009 5:13 AM
  • I get the same error; however it email recipients in our company email receive theirs; it's only external emails that aren't bein processed.  Any ideas>
    Wednesday, October 21, 2009 10:42 PM