none
i get a windows error report diagnostic screen when installin .NET Framework 3.5 , please help RRS feed

• Question

• i dont have visual studio 2008 in my contol panel add/remove programs
    i cant seem to find out what the prooblem is
    Sunday, November 15, 2009 2:44 AM

Answers

• thank you , i have fixed it. i renamed mscoree.dll in system32 and deleted all the v80* folders in the %temp%
    note i had to end explorer.exe to release a handle that one of the files was using . then simply delted the regestry keys in HKLM\SOFTWARe\Microsoft\.NEt framework and used ccleaner to remove all unwated files and reg keys. then restarted and tried the install again . this worked for me.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:36 AM

All replies

• Hello,

You may have to stop IIS or at least stop ASP.NET processes. The deal is that 3.5 is not a separate framework. Core assemblies (like System.Web) and CLR is still 2.0, but they must be updated since they contain fixes that 3.5 assemblies depend upon.

If this does not help, could you please offer more detailed information like your OS, any more error or warning messages, etc.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 3:40 AM
  • thank you , i have fixed it. i renamed mscoree.dll in system32 and deleted all the v80* folders in the %temp%
    note i had to end explorer.exe to release a handle that one of the files was using . then simply delted the regestry keys in HKLM\SOFTWARe\Microsoft\.NEt framework and used ccleaner to remove all unwated files and reg keys. then restarted and tried the install again . this worked for me.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 5:36 AM
  • Hi.

It is so great to know you have it worked.

Thank you for sharing the solution.
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help.
    Send us any feedback you have about the help from MSFT at fbmsdn@microsoft.com.
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 6:47 AM
  • thank you for your offer to help and enthusiasm ;)
    Tuesday, November 17, 2009 7:37 AM