How create a tagger that can create multi-line TagSpan - Like for comments RRS feed

• Question

• Greetings,

I have a Tagger that can handle TagSpan's for tokens that exist on a single line.  However when I try to implement multi-line comments I am stumped.

I can't seem to figure out how to say this block is basically a multi-line comment starting from the start token to the end token.  Maybe I am not supposed to even us a ITagger to do this, but something else.

I am using Visual Studio 2010 Ultimate RTM and .Net 4 in case it matters. :)

Any help will be appreciated, thanks!

Creepy
    Saturday, October 23, 2010 11:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Rodney,

I haven't actually tried this myself, but I did run across a post from one of the IDE developers in response to someone asking something somewhat similar during the 2010 beta. Cameron's response indicates you've got a couple options.

Propertly handling multi-line comments

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Friday, October 29, 2010 3:17 AM

All replies

• Hi Rodney,

I haven't actually tried this myself, but I did run across a post from one of the IDE developers in response to someone asking something somewhat similar during the 2010 beta. Cameron's response indicates you've got a couple options.

Propertly handling multi-line comments

Sincerely,

Ed Dore
    Friday, October 29, 2010 3:17 AM
  • That was close and that lead me to search a little differently which lead me to this page that then lead me to an example here in Noah Richards Spellchecker implementation for handling multi-line tagging.  So in a around about way your post did answer my question. :)  Thank you!

Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:34 AM