none
Failing while creating Hdinsinght RRS feed

• Question

• I am trying to spinup an Hdinsight using the powershell and passing a blob storage along with it .
    The blob storage account is created in the same region ,resource group and subscription id
    but still it is failing with the error:_ Storage Account unavailable. Failed to retrieve properties for storage account
    Tuesday, September 24, 2019 9:02 AM

All replies

• Hello,

To investigate further, could you please share the PowerShell script which you using to create Azure HDInsight cluster?

I would request you to provide the steps which you are trying, along with the screenshot of the error message?

Meanwhile, kindly go through how to “Create Linux-base cluster in HDInsight using Azure PowerShell”.

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 10:33 AM
  • New-AzResourceGroupDeployment -ResourceGroupName $resourceGroupName -Name $deploymentName -TemplateFile $templateFilePath -rgName $resourceGroupName -subscriptionId $subscriptionId -clusterHeadNodeSize $clusterHeadNodeSize -clusterWorkerNodeSize $clusterWorkerNodeSize -hiveSqlServer $hiveSqlServer -hiveDatabase $hiveDatabase -adlsGen2StorageAccount $adlsGen2StorageAccount -adlsGen2StorageContainer $adlsGen2StorageContainer -blobStorageAccount $blobStorageAccount -blobStorageContainer $blobStorageContainer -virtualNetwork $virtualNetwork -subnet $subnet -managedIdentity $managedIdentity -clusterName $clusterName -location $resourceGroupLocation -clusterWorkerNodeCount $clusterWorkerNodeCount -clusterKind $clusterKind -hiveUserName $hiveUserName -clusterLoginPassword $clusterLoginPassword -sshPassword $sshPassword -hivePassword $hivePassword;

I am using this script and passing the blob storage and container as mentioned.

If i pass the adl2 it seems fine but if i pass blob storage account it fails with the errorcode :"FailedToValidateStorageAccountErrorCode"

and message

"Storage Account unavailable. Failed to retrieve properties for storage account crayonstack"

Tuesday, September 24, 2019 12:11 PM
  • Hi Anmol,

Note: You cannot pass blob storage account details while calling adlsGen2StorageAccount.

This is expected error message because the parameter passed adlsgen2StorageAccount. Which works only for ADLS Gen2 storage account.

Hope this helps.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do click on "Mark as Answer" and Upvote on the post that helps you, this can be beneficial to other community members.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 5:59 AM
  • Hi There,

Its the blob storage account which is creating a problem.

ALDS GEN2 is working but in the parameter blobStorageAccount here i am passing the blob storage accoutn but it seems to be failing.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:09 AM
  • Hi Anmol,

Change the parameter according the Storage account which you are using in the template.

You are using ADLS Gen2 account with parameter adlsGen2StorageAccount $adlsGen2StorageAccount

You can use Azure Storage account with parameter storageAccount $storageAccount.

Hope this helps.

Wednesday, September 25, 2019 6:57 AM
  • Hi Anmol,

Just checking in to see if the above answer helped. If this answers your query, do click “Mark as Answer” and Up-Vote for the same. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Friday, September 27, 2019 6:13 AM
  • Hi Anmol,

Following up to see if the above suggestion was helpful. And, if you have any further query do let us know.

Tuesday, October 1, 2019 7:24 AM