Cannot create ActiveX component (SAP Gui) in server ASP.NET Application RRS feed

• Question

• User-1024101449 posted

Hi,

I am developing ASP.NET Application. I used one form which contains SAP component to fetch data from SAP to our SQL DB.

Fetching data from SAP to SQL DB it's working fine in my local system.

But, when execute in server, i am getting below error.

Exception Details: System.Exception: Cannot create ActiveX component.

Error : StringConn = CreateObject("Sapgui.ScriptingCtrl.1")

What is the error..?

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:36 AM

Answers

• User475983607 posted

There can be several reasons for this error.  The ActiveX component is not installed on the server.  The ActiveX app is installed but no registered.  The component is not granted proper authorization.  The ActiveX component is 32-bit but you app is running in 64-bit mode.  The ActiveX component is not designed for use in a web application.

Ultimately, you're in the wrong support forum. This is an ASP.NET forum not ActiveX and surely not Sapgui.ScriptingCtrl.1 support.   Contact SAP support and read the documentation for the component you are using.  Make sure the component is installed and configured correctly.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 10:54 AM

All replies

• User753101303 posted

Hi,

Seems you are trying to programmatically control a SAP application? It would require the application to be installed on the web server and it could be difficult. You may have a better approach (try perhaps a SAP forum).

This is a common catch when you start as you are coding on a machine that is both the web server and the browser client and so it happens to realize late that it adds additional constaints on the server side or even that your design just can't work at all (for example here if you though you could take control on a client side application).

Monday, July 23, 2018 10:51 AM
  • User475983607 posted

There can be several reasons for this error.  The ActiveX component is not installed on the server.  The ActiveX app is installed but no registered.  The component is not granted proper authorization.  The ActiveX component is 32-bit but you app is running in 64-bit mode.  The ActiveX component is not designed for use in a web application.

Ultimately, you're in the wrong support forum. This is an ASP.NET forum not ActiveX and surely not Sapgui.ScriptingCtrl.1 support.   Contact SAP support and read the documentation for the component you are using.  Make sure the component is installed and configured correctly.

• Marked as answer by Anonymous Thursday, October 7, 2021 12:00 AM
    Monday, July 23, 2018 10:54 AM