please help me for the migration of my company app RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

My company app is a windows phone 8 app, now my boss wants to convert our windows phone 8 app to a windows phone 8.1 store app, but I meet a lot of error exception during the migration, my account was not allowed to post the error image in here. Please help me how to convert my windows phone 8 app to the windows phone 8.1 app.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 3:22 PM

Answers

• In addition to what Amy has advised, refer this link as well, which enlists the namespace names available in Runtime over Silverlight( found it particularly useful while converting my silverlight app) :

Windows Phone Silverlight to Windows Runtime namespace and class mappings

You need to simply replace the namespace names present in your silverlight project to a similar namespace in runtime (probably a ctrl+H would be helpful in replacing the instances all over project), another advise from my side would be to take up one task at a time i.e. remove all the errors first relating to all the XAML pages in the app and then move over to code behind files (e.g. <Phone:ApplicationPage written at the top of xaml page isn't there for runtime, instead '<Page' is there, so you can go replacing all the instances at once)

http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Using_Crypto%2B%2B_library_with_Windows_Phone_8

Monday, May 25, 2015 6:10 AM
  • Hi rygfdsaga,

As far as I known, some APIs which are supported in the Windows Phone 8.0 app are no longer supported in the Windows Phone 8.1 Runtime app, besides, the Windows Phone 8.0 app may use the different namespace as the Windows Phone 8.1 Store app for implementing the same function. So during the migration, you may meet some error exception, for more information, please try to refer to the following article:
    #Migrating your Windows Phone 8 app to a Windows Runtime XAML app:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn642486(v=vs.105).aspx .

Besides, in order to help clarify your post and let people easily tell what it is about, please use a clear and concise subject and include applicable tags.
    We will help to modify the title tag base on this sticky post or you can modify it by yourself(recommended), and thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 3:31 PM

All replies

• Hi rygfdsaga,

As far as I known, some APIs which are supported in the Windows Phone 8.0 app are no longer supported in the Windows Phone 8.1 Runtime app, besides, the Windows Phone 8.0 app may use the different namespace as the Windows Phone 8.1 Store app for implementing the same function. So during the migration, you may meet some error exception, for more information, please try to refer to the following article:
    #Migrating your Windows Phone 8 app to a Windows Runtime XAML app:
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/apps/dn642486(v=vs.105).aspx .

Besides, in order to help clarify your post and let people easily tell what it is about, please use a clear and concise subject and include applicable tags.
    We will help to modify the title tag base on this sticky post or you can modify it by yourself(recommended), and thanks for your cooperation.

Best Regards,
    Amy Peng

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Sunday, May 24, 2015 3:31 PM
  • In addition to what Amy has advised, refer this link as well, which enlists the namespace names available in Runtime over Silverlight( found it particularly useful while converting my silverlight app) :

Windows Phone Silverlight to Windows Runtime namespace and class mappings

You need to simply replace the namespace names present in your silverlight project to a similar namespace in runtime (probably a ctrl+H would be helpful in replacing the instances all over project), another advise from my side would be to take up one task at a time i.e. remove all the errors first relating to all the XAML pages in the app and then move over to code behind files (e.g. <Phone:ApplicationPage written at the top of xaml page isn't there for runtime, instead '<Page' is there, so you can go replacing all the instances at once)

http://developer.nokia.com/community/wiki/Using_Crypto%2B%2B_library_with_Windows_Phone_8

Monday, May 25, 2015 6:10 AM