Login database using AD Users RRS feed

• Question

• I can 
    -Connect to SQL Server over the internet and 
    -Connect to SQL Server in the same virtual network.
    and it works perfectly. But my case is different, and I have the following condition:

1. Virtual Machine(vm1) where I have have installed ADDS(Active Directory Domain Service)
    2. I have created few user in vm1
    3. I have Created New SQL server Virtual Machine(vm2) where SQL 2015 is running and have database on it.
    4. I have Created another Virtual Machine (vm3) where i need to install my application.
    5. I have added the Domain name and configure DNS on vm2 and vm3 with respect to vm1.
    6. In vm2(SQL Server 2015), i have imported new login users from vm1 AD users.
    7. Now , when i try to run the application with respective user from vm1 from vm3 , I cannot connect with the database .
    • Moved by Bob Beauchemin Sunday, June 26, 2016 4:27 PM Moved to a more relevant forum for best results
    Sunday, June 26, 2016 1:50 PM

Answers

• Hi Dam Pun,

Correct me if I’m wrong, you mentioned error ‘456’ in another thread, is it error 18456? If so, check SQL Server log located in SQL Server Management Studio\Object Explorer\Management\SQL Server logs for detailed information, especially error state. Also, the error will be logged in Windows Event Viewer under Event Viewer\Windows Logs\Application. If it’s not 18456, could you please post the detailed error message so we can have a better understanding about your issue. 

If you have any other questions, please let me know.

Regards,
    Lin

Monday, June 27, 2016 12:19 PM

All replies

• What error are you getting? SQL Server 2015? Perhaps  you meant SQL Server 2016?

Best Regards,Uri Dimant SQL Server MVP, http://sqlblog.com/blogs/uri_dimant/

MS SQL optimization: MS SQL Development and Optimization
    MS SQL Consulting: Large scale of database and data cleansing
    Remote DBA Services: Improves MS SQL Database Performance
    SQL Server Integration Services: Business Intelligence

Monday, June 27, 2016 5:40 AM
  • Hi Dam Pun,

Correct me if I’m wrong, you mentioned error ‘456’ in another thread, is it error 18456? If so, check SQL Server log located in SQL Server Management Studio\Object Explorer\Management\SQL Server logs for detailed information, especially error state. Also, the error will be logged in Windows Event Viewer under Event Viewer\Windows Logs\Application. If it’s not 18456, could you please post the detailed error message so we can have a better understanding about your issue. 

Regards,
    Lin

Monday, June 27, 2016 12:19 PM
  • Hi Dam Pun,

I’m writing to follow up with you on this post. Was the problem resolved? If you issue has resolved, I’d like to mark this issue as "Answered". Please also feel free to unmark the issue, with any new findings or concerns you may have.

Regards,

Lin

Friday, July 8, 2016 5:20 AM