Does Microsoft have any plan to bring MultiBinding or IMultiValueConverter back to Windows Store app? RRS feed

• Question

• Probably they are kindly two of the most useful features in WPF & Silverlight and missing from Windows Store app.  

I met a tough problem when working on a windows store app project.  I need to bind to a object in a dictionary which is of type Dictionary<int, TMyItemClass>, but xaml only support constant indexer, so such kind of code will not work:

<TextBlock Text="{Binding Dic[Index].Name}" />

where "Index" will not be resolve at runtime, instead it will be treated as a string whose literal value is "Index".

Yes, I can use IValueConverter as a workaround, but that is not preferable, because: first, IValueConverter can only pass one parameter; second, ConverterParameter can not using binding because it is not dp; third, when the data of the objects in the Dic is changed, the converter will not be reresolved dynamically to reflect the changes.

My question is: does Microsoft have any plan to make them back to Windows store app? Are they in the roadmap or sth? 

I really want to know some info about this from you Microsoft guys. Forgive my bad English.

Best regards!

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 10:58 AM

Answers

• We can't divulge plans for unreleased features.  Sorry.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by silverbird.lee Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:11 PM

All replies

• We can't divulge plans for unreleased features.  Sorry.

Matt Small - Microsoft Escalation Engineer - Forum Moderator
    If my reply answers your question, please mark this post as answered.

NOTE: If I ask for code, please provide something that I can drop directly into a project and run (including XAML), or an actual application project. I'm trying to help a lot of people, so I don't have time to figure out weird snippets with undefined objects and unknown namespaces.

• Marked as answer by silverbird.lee Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:47 PM
    Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:11 PM
  • Hi,Matt,thanks for the quick reply!

So if I didn't misunderstand, that means although it's not a Yes, it's also not a No? 

Can you add them to the wishlist(if there any) ? I believe many developers like me will miss these two features very much. 

btw:

Can you give a quick look at my another thread too?

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/9fc25b72-6ec2-4401-85fd-d25cc12880d1/why-winrtwp-would-ban-loopback-ipc-between-different-app-containers-while-android-and-ios-allow-it?forum=winappswithnativecode

I really got stuck there. 

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 1:39 PM