none
refresh or requery form afther close popup RRS feed

• Question

• Hello anyone...

I have spoken to some people on a Linked In group and i think i am not the only one with this issue. On this forum i saw questions about this issue but no solution so far.

I use a pop up to add a new record in a child table. When i closed the popup the grid sub form on my main form show the record that is add to the table. The screen is refreshed automatically. There is no need to give requery or refresh instructions. Magnificent so far!

But when i delete or edit the record, by using a pop screen, and close the form by macro, then nothing refresh or requery at all. I have to refresh my screen by button.

(sorry but i can not add any image about this.

In "the old days" you can give the VBA instructions:

frm_company.subContacts.requery

Sorry for my poor english, i hope you can help me with this. Is there any way to refresh or requery with a macro?  

I use ACCESS 2016 for build and edit the Add-In
    Monday, September 21, 2015 6:03 AM

Answers

• Hi Frans,

If we are using related items control, the Access web app will refresh the control automatically after we close the popup window no matter open the pop up window by related items control or using macro.

As a workaround, I also suggest that you use the related items control to show the child table data with main table.

And as far as I research, the macro after "OpenPopup" macro will not execute which cause we are not able to refresh the main view. If you have any feedback about it, you can try submit it via the "smile face" at the top right of Access application.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:44 AM

All replies

• We are doing the research about your problem. There might be some delay about the response. Appreciate your patience.
    Wednesday, September 23, 2015 9:05 AM
  • Hi Frans,

If we are using related items control, the Access web app will refresh the control automatically after we close the popup window no matter open the pop up window by related items control or using macro.

As a workaround, I also suggest that you use the related items control to show the child table data with main table.

And as far as I research, the macro after "OpenPopup" macro will not execute which cause we are not able to refresh the main view. If you have any feedback about it, you can try submit it via the "smile face" at the top right of Access application.

Hope it is helpful.

Regards & Fei

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, October 9, 2015 7:44 AM