TFS 2013 database maintenance tasks RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I have om-premises TFS 2013 server with MS SQL enterprise edition and reporting services configured. I would like to know the information on administrative tasks related to TFS databases like Tfs_Configuration, Tfs_DefaultCollection, Tfs_ReportDB.

Under MS SQL maintenance wizard I see some database maintenance tasks like Check database integrity, Recognize and Rebuild Index, Update Statistics etc..

I want to know whether it is a good idea to create a maintenance plan for TFS databases? Or it is taken care by TFS automatically? If required what should be the ideal database maintenance tasks for TFS databases that should run on regular intervals.

Regards, Premal Acharya

Thursday, May 28, 2015 9:35 AM

Answers

• Hi Premal,

For TFS databases, you can configure the scheduled backups configuration via TFS aministration console. The configuration can backup the datbases of TFS, and you can also have full backups or incremental backups.

If you want to create a maintance plan for the databases, it's fine to do that. It's not a requirement for TFS databases. About the problems for SQL database maintance, you can also open a new thread in SQL Server forum for a response if you have other concerns about MS SQL maintenance.

Best regards,

Friday, May 29, 2015 3:13 AM