Lightswitch silverlight client not working in ie10 RRS feed

• Question

• we have web application that has been used for a year. last week, some of the computers go updated with ie 10 and the website does not work for those users.

if the 'activex filtering' is checked, it shows a link to download Silverlight but when clicked, it says it's not compatible.

if 'activex filtering' is not checked, it just gets stuck in loading.

When I go to help>about internet explorer, it shows version it doesn't say it's 64 bit so I assume it's 32 bit. I also tried running the website both from the internet explorer in Program files and program files (x86).

Any advice? There are many many many users of this website and the vast majority doesn't have administrative access so I'm hoping to have a solution that does not involve switching back to an older version of IE.

Thursday, October 31, 2013 8:27 PM

Answers

• Can you check the registry on these machines for the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main with the value TabProcGrowth

If that key is in there and set to anything but 0, delete it.  If you have this value set, all IE tabs will run under 1 64-bit process.  You don't want this as you likely have 32-bit Silverlight installed.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Friday, November 1, 2013 7:48 PM

All replies

• Running Win 7 x64 fully updated my Lightswitch web Silverlight client has been running without a problem on IE10 32-bit. I already had Silverlight installed, because I don't remember being prompted to install it on first run. So this is unfortunately not any advice, but just to let you know it works correctly here.

Paul

Friday, November 1, 2013 5:11 PM
  • I had an issue with IE 64bit similar to this.  I changed the shortcut on the user's desktop (including any links in their menu) to launch the 32 bit client and the issue was resolved.  By default, 64bit W7 opens the 64bit IE version. 

Hope this helps.

Scott

Friday, November 1, 2013 6:29 PM
  • Can you check the registry on these machines for the key:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main with the value TabProcGrowth

If that key is in there and set to anything but 0, delete it.  If you have this value set, all IE tabs will run under 1 64-bit process.  You don't want this as you likely have 32-bit Silverlight installed.

David Kidder | Senior SDET | Microsoft | LightSwitch

Friday, November 1, 2013 7:48 PM