Regarding placement of edit control mode RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,
    How one can place the current edit mode ie 123,abc,Abc,ABC,xt9 orXT9 at a specified location preferably in edit control itself. By default it comes in top right corner of the screen.

Thanks in Advance,
    umesh
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:24 AM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Umesh,

You need to make one user control for this. use one textbox (multi line) control and place the text boxes so that when user clicks on particular location, then hyou have to enable the textbox.

Please let me know your requirement more clearly if my answer doest not give you the suitable solution.

Regards,
    Malleswar
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 7:16 AM
  • Hi Malleswar,
    my requirement is to get the current input mode string so that i'll display it where i want.Is there any api through which i can get the current input mode string of focused window.

Thanks in advance,
    umesh

Wednesday, April 8, 2009 11:05 AM
  • let me revise my question..
    wht  i'm doing is developing a full screen app which which take the input from the user and do sth then display the result accordingly.in normal app current input mode which is change by different key in different phones like ALT key is use to change the input mode in MOTO Q while * key is use in HTC S780 (in non flip mode) etc...is flashes in right side of task bar.
    since i'm already hide the task bar thats why i'm not able to know what is current input mode.Is there any way to get that string or bmp image(eg. abc, Abc, ABC, 123, xt9,XT9 etc) so that i can place it according to my requirement.

Thanks in advance.
    umesh
    Wednesday, April 8, 2009 5:04 PM
  • Hi umesh,

We can use InputModeEditor.SetInputMode method to do the work, like the code:

InputModeEditor.SetInputMode(this.textBox1, InputMode.Numeric);
                InputModeEditor.SetInputMode(this.textBox2, InputMode.AlphaT9);

For more information:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/microsoft.windowsce.forms.inputmodeeditor.setinputmode.aspx

If you are using native code, please use SHSetImeMode method to do the same work, for more information:
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb416403.aspx

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Monday, April 13, 2009 7:50 AM
  • Hi Guang,
    Through SHSetImeMode api i can set the input mode of a particular  window(edit control) or IME but the question is how user know which is current input mode when application is running in full screen mode.
    Actually i want to display the corresponding input mode image/icon at the specified location preferably besides the edit box.

Thanks in advance.
    umesh

Monday, April 13, 2009 11:24 AM
  • Hi umesh,

There is no direct way to do it. You place a related image besides the edit box manually.

Best regards,
    Guang-Ming Bian - MSFT
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmark them if they provide no help
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:51 AM
  • Hello Gunag,
    Agree there is no direct way to do it, but the question that arises next is. From which place i get that image/s ?.
    Is there any registry key which contain the path of those images.
    Its not desirable to use own custom image because images corresponding to mode vary from phone to phone(specially phones which support xt9 eg HTC-S710 to which doesn't support xt9 eg MOTO-Q).
    Also i've checked the MOTO Q phone i've found the path of modeicons.bmp under following key
    HKLM\Software\System\IME\CompIME\CustomIcons\0409
    but the problem is this key is not present in  everyphone.

Regds,
    umesh
    Tuesday, April 14, 2009 5:59 AM