none
[E2007] [EWS] [VBS]: SetOofSettingsRequest Message in Html RRS feed

• Question

• Exchange Version: Exchange 2007 SP1 latest ru
    Hi,

My name is markus and i am developing a script in vbs to set oof on the client-side with soap.
    It works great but with limitations.

When i request the status of oof (with GetUserOofSettingsRequest), the message part in the answer.xml is formated in html.
    When i set the status of oof (with SetUserOofSettingsRequest), i am not able to use the html format, just plain text in the message part of the xml file.

I want to format the oof message (Font, Size, Hyperlinks....).

I have searched MSDN and googled a lot, but without success.

regards,
    Markus

• Edited by razorback666 Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:40 PM wrong format
    Wednesday, February 8, 2012 5:35 PM

All replies

• Hi Markus,

sorry for that but VBS is old fashioned. Why not using Powershell its mutch more cooler and works fine. Exchange 2007 has implemented a lots of Powerrshell commands in orderr to configure mailboxes or the whole Exchange system.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2012 9:04 PM
  • Hi Markus,

sorry for that but VBS is old fashioned. Why not using Powershell its mutch more cooler and works fine. Exchange 2007 has implemented a lots of Powerrshell commands in orderr to configure mailboxes or the whole Exchange system.

regards Thomas Paetzold visit my blog on: http://sus42.wordpress.com

Thx for your answer Thomas.

I will tell you the reasons why i am using vbs to realize this oof szenario.

1. It takes not much time to develop (because of my vbs knowledge)
    2. I have to develop this on the client-side (most clients are running windows xp, i do not want to install powershell on that clients)
    3. It should change the oof settings when client logs out. (AD Policy)

I know i could do this on the exchange server with powershell. There are reasons why i didn´t do that:

1. the ps-script had to check the status of the client oof settings at least every half an hour (with vbs at user log out)
    2. it should not affect all user on the exchange server (just the domain users in the HQ, i could realize that with an OU filter i know)
    3. i do not want a service user who has the permission to change all mailbox settings. (the vbs-script runs as the user itself)

It doesn´t matter if something is old fashioned or "not cool".
    It should be a workaround for about 2 years until we get exchange 2010 and all clients with windows7.

And it doesn´t matter what language i use for that szenario.
    Because i´m creating a simple soap xml file and send it to the exchange server.
    I can do that with c++ too, but the development time were much higher.

If you have any idea, let me know.
    (and sry for that bad english)

regards,
    Markus

Thursday, February 9, 2012 8:42 AM
  • Nobody?

Monday, February 13, 2012 10:55 AM