loading 'choose toolbox items' dialog is taking forever RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I'm using VS2008 version 9.0.21022.8 and every time that i try to open the "choose items" to the toolbox it takes a lot of time (couple of minutes). in the status bar it says: loading 'choose toolbox items' dialog.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Avi

Monday, May 19, 2008 8:12 AM

All replies

• I get the same issue in VS 2005  try running devenv /resetskippkgs in the VS command prompt or devenv /setup  it didn't work for me but others have said it worked for them. Sorry to say I think I am at the point of unistallig Visual Studio and re-installing, God, I hate to do that it takes forever to install.
    Wednesday, June 18, 2008 5:49 PM
  • Can't remember where I found it but I cured this by NOT using a wireless mouse! Unplug it and toolbox loads

• Proposed as answer by deepaknaidu Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:33 PM
    Friday, July 18, 2008 3:12 PM
  • Can't remember where I found it but I cured this by NOT using a wireless mouse! Unplug it and toolbox loads

Seriously this goes in my top 5 weirdest thing in Visual Studio. How can a wireless mouse cause that problem.
    Tuesday, June 9, 2009 9:35 PM
  • Thank you people so much. Unplugged my WACOM and the dialog came up! :)
    Wednesday, July 29, 2009 8:30 PM
  • Hip Hip Ho-ray.

Wireless mouse detach did the trick. Thanks.

bluntlunt
    Thursday, December 10, 2009 3:13 PM
  • Whoa ...... !!
    VS on remote system .......
    I disconnected my USB mouse and 2 sec ... it loaded suddenly (It was loading for last 10 mins!!).

Now can someone please explain what going on between VS and mouse?
    - Arvind
    Tuesday, February 16, 2010 2:44 PM
  • I disconnected my USB mouse on my local system and the dialog box came right up.  What is going on?
    Tuesday, May 4, 2010 5:50 PM
  • Same here.  WTH?
    Thursday, July 15, 2010 1:29 PM
  • Hi,

I'm using VS2008 version 9.0.21022.8 and every time that i try to open the "choose items" to the toolbox it takes a lot of time (couple of minutes). in the status bar it says: loading 'choose toolbox items' dialog.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Avi

Who can give an answer? It's very long now, I'm still concerned about it.
    Tuesday, August 17, 2010 2:53 AM