none
Splash images RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

iMX51, eBoot, WinCE600R3.

I've added to the standard eBoot routines some code to address the video memory, draw an image and power on the backlight. So I have a splash during the bootloader.

But when the OS starts, it seems that the very first functions reset a lot of registers, so the display goes off and the video memory is cleared.

After some seconds of 'dark' the backlight is powered on with the blank screen and after some other secs the display driver is loaded and the first application is shown.

How can i display something (other splash?) if the display driver is loaded so later?

SteMMo

Monday, June 11, 2012 10:19 AM

All replies

• -> One way to minimize this effect is to alter the order of the backlight driver and display driver.

The effect is also proportional to the NK size and bootup time.

You cannot eliminate this effect.

You can try to load the splash screen at display driver Init, but i am not sure about the look and feel of it.

--- Misbah

Senior Design Engineer T.E.S Electroni Solutions (Bangalore-India) www.tes-dst.com email-misbah.khan@tes-dst.com

Monday, June 11, 2012 12:58 PM
  • I stopped the startup code from touching the registers for the display on bootup so the image wasn't cleared from the display. Same thing for the backlight so the screen doesn't go dark then light.
    Monday, June 11, 2012 11:35 PM
  • In your OS init (assume OEMInit?), you will need to preserve the status of those registers, so it can retain the content.
    And your display driver and backlight also need to aware of that, so it can perform proper initialization.
    • Edited by K M O S Monday, June 11, 2012 11:59 PM
    Monday, June 11, 2012 11:59 PM