none
sharepoint site doesn't reconize some Active Directory users RRS feed

• Question

• hi

i have to servers:

one is for share point and another is for active directory

suddenly i had problem with adding users in share point sit.

i create the users in active directory , when i want to add them to my site ..it doesn't find them

It doesn't shows  AD users that i made new ....but shows The َِAD users I made earlier

what should i do?

pls help me

Wednesday, February 12, 2020 1:49 PM

All replies

• Hi Leili vazietan,

How many domains do you have in the Active Directory?

Please follow below steps to troubleshooting your issue.

1. Make sure the web application's service account is a domain account, go to Central Administration -> Security -> Configure Service Accounts, select the "Web Application Pool – Pool Name" from the drop-down list, and that will display the service account associated with the Web Application Pool.

2. Grant service account with Replicate Directory Changes permission in the Active Directory.

3. Check firewall whether open.

Reference: https://info.summit7systems.com/blog/the-superguide-to-user-profile-sync-and-people-picker-in-a-heavily-firewalled-network

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

SharePoint Server 2019 has been released, you can click here to download it.
    Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Thursday, February 13, 2020 8:47 AM
  • hi

thanks for your helping

i reset the IIS and the problem solved

but i have another problem

i have some sub site in my main share point sit

i my sub site when i wanted to add new user or employee wanted to submit the request ,people picker group not find any AD users

pls help me

Saturday, February 15, 2020 7:06 AM
  • Hi Leili vazietan,

Whether people picker of each subsites not showing any users?

Have you tried the methods I mentioned above?

1. Make sure the web application's service account is a domain account, go to Central Administration -> Security -> Configure Service Accounts, select the "Web Application Pool – Pool Name" from the drop-down list, and that will display the service account associated with the Web Application Pool.

2. Grant service account with Replicate Directory Changes permission in the Active Directory.

3. Check firewall whether open.

4. IIS reset.

Best regards,

Emily Du

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they helped. If you have feedback for TechNet Subscriber Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Click here to learn new features. Visit the dedicated forum to share, explore and talk to experts about SharePoint Server 2019.

Monday, February 17, 2020 12:06 PM
  • hi

for your questions .yes people picker of each sub sites not showing any users and also the users i made them in active directory recently not showing in the main site

i done all the methods you mentioned above ...but my problem not solved

what should i do?

pls help me

Monday, February 17, 2020 3:00 PM
  • Hi Leili vazietan,

Please use following PowerShell to check have you set your People picker in the sub site:

$site = get-spsite http://brokensite.contoso.com

$site.UserAccountDirectoryPath

For more detailed information, refer to the similar issue post:

http://joelblogs.co.uk/2011/06/02/sharepoint-2010-peoplepicker-not-finding-active-directory-users

Best regards,

Emily Du

Tuesday, February 18, 2020 11:49 AM
  • hi

everything was ok and there is no problem with my sit yet

bu suddenly i had this problem

and also user profile syn service can not start ..there is no error

i checked the logs

pls help me

16 hours 26 minutes ago
  • Hi Leili vazietan,

Please check the following:

1.You should log in the share point server with the farm account and set the farm account as the user profile service account. Also make sure that the farm account is a member of the local administrators group.

2.Restart the Share Point web services in IIS and do an IIS reset.

3.Verify Forefront Identity Manager Synchronization Service and the Forefront Identity Manager Service are running with the identity of the account which is a farm account. And restart the Share Point Timer Service in windows services.

4.If this issue still exists, please check the ULS logs for more information about this issue.

Reference: https://swapnilkh.wordpress.com/troubleshooting-steps-for-user-profile-sync-service-stuck-on-starting-mode/

Best regards,

Emily Du

11 hours 30 minutes ago