none
Going "all the way" with ObservableCollection RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys,

I have been using .NET since the original Alpha and one of the biggest hassles I have is getting data changed events to visible controls. This, to a major degree, has been solved with the ObservableCollection (Fantastic - thankyou). However, this wasn't the area of 'hurt' that needed attention (In my humble opinion).

The hardest task, is getting Trigger Events from SQL Server to the underlying collection.

I prefer to have a table ready to publish for live data presentation (This allows fast, easy access to data for presentation) and essentially 'bind' that table for presentation. All changes are made to the repository from external events (Generally by Windows Service).

What would be EXCELLENT would be to be able to underly the ObservableCollection with a direct table connection which reflects live data changes to the collection.

I have tried with a CLR WCF, however, SQL Server does not allow this to happen. It seems that "any .Net assembly can be hosted in SQL Server CLR" is not correct at all.

Any thoughts?

Sunday, January 23, 2011 11:43 PM

All replies