none
BizSpark Graduation offer RRS feed

• Question

• I recently graduated from BizSpark and was given the following graduation offer: "Visual Studio with MSDN Subscription license at the following level: Professional - $935 per developer for 2 years. You have up to 90 DAYS after your graduation to take advantage of this discounted offer."

As stated in my BizSpark details, I am based in the UK and so I contacted the nominated UK reseller with details of the offer. They said that the price in the UK was instead 912.61 UK pounds which is approx equivalent to 1,476 US dollars. In other words they want to charge me almost 60% MORE than my original offer price of 935 dollars.

I have contacted the bizspark support email address but they simply say to contact the product support for the product I am interested in.

The 90 days limit is almost up. How can I purchase the above for the original offer price?

Sunday, October 27, 2013 1:18 PM

All replies

• Please contact MSDN Subscriptions Customer Service then.  I'm sure they get this question.  Their contact info is posted here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions/aa948875.aspx.   

Please let us know what they say.

Thanks,
    Mike

MSDN and TechNet Subscriptions Support
    Read the Subscriptions Blog!

Monday, October 28, 2013 8:45 PM
  • Thanks Mike. I have just sent an email to the UK address on the link you provided. I will let you know what the response is.

• Edited by roeville Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:30 PM
    Tuesday, October 29, 2013 3:30 PM
  • I've had an email reply from the MSDN Subscriptions Customer Service. It came from someone in "The BizSpark Member Support" who ironically said "we are not responsible for the BizSpark Graduation offer", and simply referred me back to the same reseller who is asking for 60% more.

I'm happy with the original quote, but it is disappointing when taking it up to be asked for another 60% which I can't proceed with.

MSDN is essentially delivered electronically, so can it really be that customers are charged an extra 60% because they are located in the UK?

• Edited by roeville Friday, November 1, 2013 4:37 PM
    Friday, November 1, 2013 4:36 PM
  • I'm not sure Roeville.  I'll ask some questions internally for you here.   

Where did you see the $935 offer?  What I see here: http://www.microsoft.com/bizspark/startup/graduationofferdetails.aspx is a note about pricing varying by region.

I you have that offer in email, contact me via Site feedback.  go here: http://msdn.microsoft.com/subscriptions and scroll all the way down to the 'site feedback' link.  This will pop a form that will put an email in my inbox.  I'll reply to you and you can attach it back to me.

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, November 1, 2013 5:27 PM
  • Roeville,

After discussing this internally, people are pretty upset about the response you got from the "BizSpark Member Support" team.  Please do contact me via the Site Feedback proces mentioned previously and we'll get this worked on for you.

Thanks,
    Mike

Friday, November 1, 2013 6:13 PM
  • Thanks for your assistance Mike. I've just filled in your form and submitted it.
    Tuesday, November 5, 2013 6:39 PM
  • Received!  I responded, and you'll get another response as well in the next day or two.

Thanks,
    Mike

Tuesday, November 5, 2013 7:57 PM