Password Login system RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello everyone I have just finished my password system it is two programs that work together.

The first is the password setup section, The first time you run it you will have to setup a password it will also give you a 3 digit pin if you forget your password. Any time you run that after it will ask for the currently set password before you can alter it so no one can override it without knowing your password.

The second is the password login system that allows you to logon with your pin or password, I'm not to sure what use this can be to people but I'm sure you guys will find away.

Password Setup

MBF724

Password Login

MZC517

Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:37 PM

All replies

• To be realistic, this mechanism isn't very secure as it stores files in unencrypted files. Also, it only allows for one password to be set at a time. It's a nice concept though and as Salt and Hash security is hard to implement in most languages, it's probably as secure as small basic can easily make it. 
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 5:18 PM
  • New LitDev Extension Version 1.0.0.93 from today supports Encryption and MD5Hash in LDEncryption object.

@LitDev:

Here's german LitDev.De.xml LitDevDe_v1-0-0-93.zip

and a sample using LDEncryption.MD5Hash, ID: BXG200 .

What's unclear to me: default MD5 value for a file generates a string of 32 characters, but results from LDEncryption.MD5Hash are different (see sample BGX200). Are this 2 different pairs of shoes or can return value from LDEncryption.MD5Hash be anyhow converted to default MD5Value?

And: Is there a simpler check for file existence than in upper sample?

Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:19 PM
    Answerer
  • Sorry it's an amateur code it's like the 5th week into my computing classes. can't wait until I learn more.
    Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:31 PM
  • @Papa Lapub,

Thanks again for the translation.  You are right about the MD5 hash not being compatible - this is due to UTF8 encoding - I have modified this to be compatible with other MD5 hash (a 16 byte of 32 character string) and re-uploaded.

Saturday, November 30, 2013 7:56 PM
  • Hi litdev this might sound stupid but how do I use LDencryption
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:28 PM
  • You download and install the extension.  Please say iy you have trouble with this.

There is a very simple sample included in the zip called Encryption.sb in a zipped folder called other-samples.  This sample is very basic, just testing that created hash can safely be saved and loaded from a file.

Basically you create a hash (encryption of the password) when the user creates an account.

hash = LDEncryption.MD5Hash(pwd)

Then store this (usually with a user name in a file).

When the user enters a password you call the LDEncryption.MD5Hash again and check that the hash is the same as originally created.  Therefore at no time does your program ever store the password, so even if you have the full code and the stored file you (or anyone else) cannot tell what the password was, but you can tell if it is correctly entered.

Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:38 PM
  • thanks for the help and already got your amazing add-on installed it was no trouble to do.
    Sunday, December 1, 2013 12:43 PM