none
CoreCon deployment - 'The system cannot find the specified file' RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I'm having troubles trying to deploy\debug my smart device application on a Windows Compact 7 image.

I can connect to the device and the application files appear to be deployed to the devices program files folder.

The build fails during deployment just after deploying the NETCFv3.5.Messages.EN.CAB file

Deploying 'C:\Program Files\Microsoft.NET\SDK\CompactFramework\v3.5\windowsce\diagnostics\NETCFv35.Messages.EN.cab'

The system cannot find the file specified.

I have verified that the CAB file is deploy to the device, currently it is getting saved to \Windows folder.

I can copy the application files to USB drive and it loads OK on the device, however I cannot debug it.

Is this CAB installer/uninstaller support missing from my OS Design?

I can run the deployed application from program files and it loads OK (doesn't work, but that another issue!);

Any help much appreciated.

Regards

Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:00 PM

All replies

• I'm pretty sure this is the CAB file installer. I just cant get an image to build so I cant make one that includes the component lol
    Tuesday, November 22, 2011 3:22 PM
  • Hello,

I got the same issue, did you manage to solve it? if so, can you share your solution?

Thanks,

Shahal

Tuesday, January 17, 2012 2:43 PM
  • I've run into issues with that particular CAB file as well. The solution that works is to just create an image than contains the ".NET Compact Framework 3.5 String Resources" component (SYSGEN_DOTNETV35_SR). Why can't you build an image? What error do you get?
    Good luck,

Michel Verhagen, eMVP
    Check out my blog: http://guruce.com/blog

GuruCE
    Microsoft Embedded Partner
    http://guruce.com
    Consultancy, training and development services.
    Wednesday, January 18, 2012 12:52 AM