Move-MailBox error in Exchange 2007 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I have implemented the move mailbox feature using the c# interop com component in Visual studio 2005 for Exchange 2007 server. The same functionality works perfectly with the Exchange Management Console and Powershell.

But iam getting an error as below:

Message :- [System.Management.Automation.CmdletInvocationException]{"Retrieving the COM class factory for component with CLSID {08D1AA55-704E-4397-AB29-55D2A3972BCB} failed due to the following error: 8007007f.}
    Stack Trace :-
        at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecuteEnumerate(Object input, Hashtable errorResults, Boolean enumerate)
       at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.SynchronousExecute(Array input, Hashtable errorResults)
       at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.Execute(Array input)
       at System.Management.Automation.Internal.PipelineProcessor.Execute()
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeHelper()
       at System.Management.Automation.Runspaces.LocalPipeline.InvokeThreadProc()
    Source : System.Management.Automation

Any one have any solution for this.

Please try to post the solutuion asap.

Monday, May 21, 2007 12:24 PM

All replies

• Guys i am also facing the same problem. Any idea why or is there a workaround if anyone has figured out?
    Tuesday, May 29, 2007 7:09 AM
  • Hi Nagendra Got any solution ?

Please let me know also if you get any solution.

Wednesday, June 6, 2007 11:44 AM
  • Yes, infact, a very pathetic workaround.

I instantiated an object of the dotnet dll in the mail process code (exe) and did a temporary movemailbox code.

This results in getting the necessary dlls for movemailbox to get loaded into the cache.

Now when the move mailbox is done from the actual 'dll', this succeeds.

Just loading the commandshell in the main process is not sufficient, you have to actually do a move mailbox - thats a pain.

Because the necessarty dlls gets delay loaded on demand only when the invoke function is called.

Thursday, June 7, 2007 7:13 AM
  • Were you able to get to a decent solution?
    Thursday, June 14, 2007 3:31 PM
  • Do you have CDOExm also loaded in the same application by any chance?

I tried reproducing the error with a minimal set of code, but am not able to. Am wondering if having CDOExm also loaded in the same application would cause this problem.

Monday, June 18, 2007 3:23 PM
  • Hi Nagendra

The problem is known now actually you can not use exchnage 2007 where CCOExm and its dependent components are present.

The CDOExm and depedent binaries needs to be removed completely from the system where you try to call Exchange 2007 server cmdlets.

Rgards,

Suraj bagad

Thursday, June 28, 2007 6:58 AM
  • Hi All,

Can anyone of you send me example code for this problem solution. I am also facing same problem.

Regards,
    Navneet Batra
    Monday, April 7, 2008 7:50 AM