Always on Readable secondary. RRS feed

• Question

• i am trying to change the Readable secondary option to YES, but it does not give option 

the only option available is NO,

please assist,

k

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 3:44 PM

Answers

• I am sure you have basic availability group and in BAG there is no readable secondary so you are only getting NO in the dropdown box.

Advise: When you post question please give information about AG and sql server versions for getting quick answer

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Edited by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by '''HuuM''' Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:40 PM

All replies

• I am sure you have basic availability group and in BAG there is no readable secondary so you are only getting NO in the dropdown box.

Advise: When you post question please give information about AG and sql server versions for getting quick answer

Cheers,

Shashank

Please mark this reply as answer if it solved your issue or vote as helpful if it helped so that other forum members can benefit from it

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

• Edited by Shanky_621MVP Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:44 PM
    • Marked as answer by '''HuuM''' Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:25 PM
    Wednesday, August 29, 2018 4:40 PM
  • this is sql server 2016,

do i need to drop the BAG and re create it? if so, what option makes it non basic.

k

Wednesday, August 29, 2018 5:15 PM
  • this is sql server 2016,

do i need to drop the BAG and re create it? if so, what option makes it non basic.

k

You cannot directly convert BAG to "proper" AG. You need to create altogether new AG and move database to new AG. Also note Full fledged AG in enterprise feature. BAG is available in standard only

Cheers,

Shashank

My TechNet Wiki Articles

MVP

Thursday, August 30, 2018 6:54 AM