none
passive tracking/tracking multiple participants(more then 2) RRS feed

• Question

• For my kinect multipoint project im nearing an 32-bit solution for it but still need 64-bit solution because my first test proved successful in vb.net but only on 32-bit. Im trying to passively track multiple particapants because I want to just get x,y,z joint data like the kinect mouse sample does except for each person on kinect is their something I should try out? For instance, person 1 x,y,z joint data is gathered seperately from person 2's  then i send this data to my mouse emulator which is nearing completion for a 32-bit test (Test code is available to see how it works).

Im still using the beta 2 sdk until academic pricing takes effect this fall and some bugs may be worked out by then.

Anyone know about device simulation framework from microsofts wdk(windows driver kit)? I get a vb.net program mostly working except for the part when i plug in my mouse device the emulated device install fails. If anyone wants to try their luck at that look for the source on my project page here (not the ones named script though): http://kinectmultipoint.codeplex.com. Unlike actual driver development the wdk's device simulation framework is a lot easier to guess conversion using object browser which is what i did to get this far.

P.S. can someone provide silent installation instructions for kinect runtime v1? I believe many people are looking for this although it may be same as msi installer not a lot of people know the install options for silent installs using the runtime.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:14 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 1:35 PM

All replies

• BTW, i have found this post that partially answers my question because it gets the count of users:

http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/Forums/en-HK/kinectsdk/thread/bae1d7be-3898-41af-95b6-3b3e0c89f732

So now i just need to tell my code to add the total amount of user mouse devices which is easy because the psot above tells me how to get the count of users. But how would i tell it to loop constantly sending x,y coordinate joint data for each user seperately. For instance, if you want a sample of what im talking about kinect mouse does this but im wanting a passive version too so i can use the x,y position data on passive players in addition to tracked players.

So how can i create a multi-user version of kinect mouse basically that just also adds into account passive players that are not being tracked but active and still passively tracked? 

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth. - "Sherlock holmes" "speak softly and carry a big stick" - theodore roosevelt. Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering - Yoda

• Edited by The Thinker Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:15 PM
    Tuesday, February 21, 2012 4:13 PM