Get error while migrating another db from access to SQL RRS feed

• Question

• Thank you all for your help and support. Just to let you know guys that I had used SSMA only to migrate my MS Access to SQL 2008 but still received that error initially I got that query could not be converted error and when i fixed the error I got that table does not exist.

Now I got into another error while migrating another db from access to SQL. When I open MS Access file I see only 4 tables but when I use SSMA to migrate my db to SQL it generates almost 25 tables Starting with the following name ~TMPCLP287001 .. I am not sure why I am getting this type of names also all of the queries failed to migrate. I dont see any views and stored procs created .....Received the error -- Aggregate function First is not supported and cannot be converted. But when I use upsizing wizard in MS Access I don’t get any error? Does upsizing wizard convert queries like SSMA does ? Do we have to manually convert queries if we use upsizing wizard in Access......Please help

• Split by Peja Tao Thursday, July 14, 2011 1:09 AM Another issue from client
    Wednesday, July 13, 2011 4:02 PM

Answers

• Could you describe your tables' schema? About the error "Aggregate function First is not supported and cannot be converted", I think SSMA for Access doesn't support converting First function. You probably have to manually convert it to SQL Server's TOP 1 expression.
    Hope it helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, July 15, 2011 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:19 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:30 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you generated Report in SSMA to see the conversion error ? If not, please do so, so that you can know what object will be migrated and what will not be migrated and due to what reason.

Arunraj Chandrasekaran, MCTS, Author: SQLXpertise.com
    If you found this post useful, Please "Mark as Answer" or "Vote as Helpful"
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 2:00 AM
  • Could you describe your tables' schema? About the error "Aggregate function First is not supported and cannot be converted", I think SSMA for Access doesn't support converting First function. You probably have to manually convert it to SQL Server's TOP 1 expression.
    Hope it helps.
    • Proposed as answer by Peja Tao Friday, July 15, 2011 6:44 AM
    • Marked as answer by Peja Tao Wednesday, July 20, 2011 9:19 AM
    Thursday, July 14, 2011 6:30 AM