none
Resume from hibernate / Resume from sleep problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

I am using 3 tests computers for HCK process.

Since I upgraded from WLK to HCK I have a problem with tests that require Sleep or Hibernate (For example with “sleep and pnp (disable and enable) with io before and after” test). The issue is that randomly, the computers don’t wake up. It stay in Sleep or Hibernate mode.

If I press the “power button” or wake up using the keyboard, the test continue, and eventually success. But someone has to sit near the computer and “help” it.

The problem is while testing all OS (Vista, Vista-64, Win7, Win7-64, Win8, Win8-64).

The problem occurs on all my 3 test computers (3 completly different hardware). Os installation is clean. System clock is set correctly. And all those computers worked perfectly with WLK (Windows 7 test platform).

I saw the problem exists while testing USB devices and also with other devices.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ophir

• Edited by ophirh2 Monday, October 22, 2012 12:31 AM
    Monday, October 22, 2012 12:26 AM

All replies

• Hello ophirh2,

Did you find something about this issue? I'm facing the same problem :(

Thx

Monday, January 7, 2013 1:00 PM
  • I recently encountered this problem as well during the IO stress test. My PC would sleep or hibernate and never wake up. Then I finally found out that in the BIOS, there is special setting that is default to S3, which needs to be S1.

My machines are from DELL and I'm using WLK 1.6.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 12:04 AM
  • Till now, I didn't find a solution for that. Sometime it works fine, and sometime I have to "help" by pressing the power button.

The most problematic is Plug & Play test.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 8:30 AM
  • Well, me too :(

By now, I'm using a script to send a WOL to the test machine if it stops answering pings for too long. This allow me doing the tests during the night.

Wednesday, January 9, 2013 5:14 PM