none
File Service Encryption

Question

• I am testing Azure storage and would like to enable storage service encryption for my new storage account. The "Storage Service Encryption" document states that "Storage Service Encryption for File Storage is currently available in East Asia, North Europe and East US 2 regions"

I created my storage account in North Europe however the encryption option is not available under "File Service"

Any advice appreciated.

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:11 AM

All replies

• Hey,

I have SA in WE that has encryption enabled on BLOB storage, the encryption for FILE service is not here yet

Cheers Christophe - Kindly click Mark as Answer on the post that helps you - www.cloudcrusader.com

Monday, March 6, 2017 10:45 AM
  • What type of advice you are looking for?

It's quite straight forward - The SSE is available in all regions for Blob storage however for file storage, it is not yet available for all regions. As of today, SSE for file storage is available only for regions which you have mentioned so if you are keen on leveraging it - then your storage account has to be created in supported region else alternatives could be there but will not be very cost effective e.g. mirroring your data between storage accounts (either automating or using tools like AzCopy, Storage Explorer, Mounting file share drive etc).

Bhushan | Blog | LinkedIn | Twitter

Monday, March 6, 2017 11:02 AM
  • The public preview is gated so if you would like to participate in the preview please send us an email at ssediscussions@microsoft.com. We will provide you with a link to the portal that will help get started. Thanks!
    • Proposed as answer by SamCoganMVP Tuesday, March 7, 2017 10:27 PM
    Tuesday, March 7, 2017 7:29 PM