CU Update problem RRS feed

• Question

• Hello -

I just installed the February 2016 CU for SharePoint (KB3114726).  

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/steve_chen/sharepoint-2013-build-numbers-and-cus/

I ran the Product Configuration Wizard and all was OK.   I then installed the Project Server 2013 CU (KB3114723).   

This time when I run Product Configuration Wizard, it tells me that the projects below were detected on my system (KB3114723), which I just installed.

But the error says that some products or patches are missing on the other servers?   I have installed it on on SP servers.   Any ideas?

Some additional info/results from the following PowerShell queries: 

Get -SPProduct -local

ProductName                             Required         Missing              Servers
    -----------                                      --------          -------              -------
    Microsoft SharePoint Server...            True                                  {}
    Microsoftr Project Server 2013           True                                  {}

(Get-SPServer  $env:computername).NeedsUpgrade

False

• Edited by XRS Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:15 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:05 PM

Answers

• Doh, I found the fix.    I went into Central Administration > Monitoring > Review job definitions.   I ran the Product Version Job, waited for it to complete on all three SP servers, and then tried Product Configuration Wizard.    It worked this time.   
    • Marked as answer by XRS Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:26 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:26 PM

All replies

• Doh, I found the fix.    I went into Central Administration > Monitoring > Review job definitions.   I ran the Product Version Job, waited for it to complete on all three SP servers, and then tried Product Configuration Wizard.    It worked this time.   
    • Marked as answer by XRS Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:26 PM
    Wednesday, April 6, 2016 5:26 PM
  • Hi XRS,

Thank you for your detailed additional feedback on how you were successful in resolving this issue. Your solution will benefit many other users.

Have a nice day!

Best Regards,

Lisa Chen

TechNet Community Support
    Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help, and unmark the answers if they provide no help. If you have feedback for TechNet Support, contact tnmff@microsoft.com.

Thursday, April 7, 2016 9:04 AM