Setting project debug options - deployment dir and files RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am developing Visual Studio Extension and use VCDebugSettings interface to set C++ project's debug options. This interface however does not let me set "Deployment Directory" and "Additional Files to Deploy" properties in "Remote Windows Debugger". I searched documentation for Microsoft.VisualStudio.VCProjectEngine on MSDN and did not find and way to set this. What is the recommended way to get/set this properties?

Regards,
    Maciej

Thursday, July 9, 2020 9:47 AM

Answers

• Hi maciejgrzywacz,

Sorry for delay in reply.

The "Deployment Directory" and "Additional Files to Deploy" are properties of deployment tool. And it seems that there is not appropriate interface for it. 

About IVCRulePropertyStorage not working, we recommend you could report it to product team through follow this document.

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Monday, July 20, 2020 8:44 AM

All replies

• Hi maciejgrzywacz,

Please try to use IVCRulePropertyStorage Interface, which can provide access to all project and tool properties.

Related document I refer: How to read/write the new Visual C++ project properties

Best Regards,

Dylan

MSDN Community Support Please remember to click "Mark as Answer" the responses that resolved your issue, and to click "Unmark as Answer" if not. This can be beneficial to other community members reading this thread. If you have any compliments or complaints to MSDN Support, feel free to contact MSDNFSF@microsoft.com

Friday, July 10, 2020 6:47 AM
  • Hi,

thank you for your reply. The problem is I am using VCDebugSettings interface, because I want avoid IVCRulePropertyStorage interface in the first place.
    The reason for this is that after update to VS 2019 16.6 this extension stopped working for the whole team, because methods IVCRulePropertyStorage.GetUnevaluatedPropertyValue() and IVCRulePropertyStorage.SetPropertyValue() from IVCRulePropertyStorage are throwing exception with message "Error HRESULT E_FAIL has been returned from a call to a COM component".
    I posted about this problem on this forum a while ago, but could not resolve it :(
    Is there any other way to access this properties? Or how can I troubleshoot this interface failing?

Regards,
    Maciej

Wednesday, July 15, 2020 7:06 AM
  • Hi maciejgrzywacz,

Sorry for delay in reply.

The "Deployment Directory" and "Additional Files to Deploy" are properties of deployment tool. And it seems that there is not appropriate interface for it. 

About IVCRulePropertyStorage not working, we recommend you could report it to product team through follow this document.

Best Regards,

Dylan

Monday, July 20, 2020 8:44 AM
  • Ok,

than you for your reply.

Regards,
    Maciej

Monday, July 20, 2020 10:08 AM