none
SYSWHCK-How to remove repeated test cases in C# Script Automation with Distribution Testing is enabled RRS feed

• Question

• Hi

Currently we are automating WHCK testing by using c# scripts as provided in website.

As we know , if we are enabling "Distribution Testing" which will group the test cases with avl machines and apart from that , the are some of the test cases which will be associated with each machines separately and will run the same test cases with each machines individually.

Question:

Can we get unique test cases list and remove the repeated test case from the multiple machine since.

Friday, December 6, 2013 12:35 PM

All replies

• The tests are marked properly and the tests that can be distributed (meaning only one instance of result is necessary across the machines you have) have been marked accordingly.

Any test that is non-distributable (meaning the test needs to run on every device on each machine) is also marked accordingly for a reason.  So you cannot change that as there is a result expected for each target device.

Friday, December 6, 2013 5:15 PM
  • Hello 

Thanks for your reply and also i would like to know the answers for the below questions.

1. How "distributable test cases " and "Non-distributable test cases" are categorized (means what basics it is differentiated). As i am seeing , this may vary for each test levels. Could you please clarify this.
    2. Practically seeing , if we enable this distribution testing by having more than one system connected with single machine pool/target and scheduling (Non-distributable test cases) same tests on each machine which is forcing us to wait for each machine should complete their nondistributable test cases execution and also running the same tests on each machine/device simultaneously does not give more value to purpose it is intended.

I believed that , this distributable testing feature is enabling to reduce the total execution time but it is targeted to achieve ~ 25 % incremental in view of overall execution.

Monday, December 9, 2013 10:47 AM
  • I don't think I can give you an answer generically speaking as  the kit spans a lot of different devices and system and the reasons for distributable vs non-distributable can be (and likely are) different for each.  If you have specific tests that you are interested in knowing about please let me know what they are and I can try to give you a better answer.
    Monday, December 9, 2013 6:31 PM
  • Hi 

I have enabled "Distribution Testing" feature and found that, following test cases are categorized "Non-Distributable test cases in L4 (Certification) Level".  And also some of the below test cases does not require any manual input parameters or need no manual intervention during test case execution. Can you provide the some flash about this categorization.

AutoMemoryBenchmark
    PerfX2 D2D Bench Scenarios (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    PerfX2 DImage Scenarios (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D DComp Write Once Perf test - Scenario='Read2Write1' - R2W1 (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D DComp Write Once Perf test - Scenario='Read3Write1' - R3W1 (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='DdsPerf_BC1' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='DdsPerf_BC2' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='DdsPerf_BC3' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='YuvPerf_420' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='YuvPerf_422' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='YuvPerf_440' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)
    XPerf D2D Memory Bandwidth Perf test - Scenario='YuvPerf_444' (may require manual interaction to remove power cord)

Regards

Saravanan

Friday, December 13, 2013 9:57 AM
  • Hi

Can i get some update on the question?

Regards

Saravanan.T

Thursday, December 19, 2013 4:49 AM