Download from the local network failed.

Question

• Hello,

I need help to resolve a problem with a download from a local network. I try to download a JPG-file (with the BackgroundTransfer sample http://code.msdn.microsoft.com/windowsapps/Background-Transfer-Sample-d7833f61) from a PC (over HTTP) localed on the local network. This PC has a WWW-server and I can download files with the desktop Internet Explorer. But I can download files neither with the app nor with the metro IE! An exception occurs if I try to create a download object with BackgroundDownloader::CreateDownload. The HRESULT is 0x80070005, message is "Access is denied.".

Interestingly, when I download a file direct from the Internet (from any site), the app works!

Why?

Best regards

Anry

Tuesday, June 5, 2012 7:46 AM

All replies

•  

Hello,

I would suggest you to check the Capabilities in your project.

Double click Package.appxmainfest->Capabilities->Select Internet(Client & Server)

Best regards,

Jesse

Jesse Jiang [MSFT]
    MSDN Community Support | Feedback to us

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 7:29 AM
  • Hello Jesse,

that's just what surprises me. I am using the Microsoft's sample! All capabilities are correctly (Internet + Pictures Lib Access) and the app works even if it uses an internet URL.

However, I could set the metro Internet Explorer so that it also shows the image from the intranet. I have set the security zone to "Local intranet".

Is there such a setting options for the app?

Best regards,

Anry

Wednesday, June 6, 2012 10:08 AM