What Application Verifier configuration is being used in certification testing of Windows Store apps?

Question

• Should it pass e.g Basic and LuaPriv tests? Or are they designed for other types of software. My app is rejected in testing and it is indeed failing some of the tests. Application Verifier is not able to write logs so I am not sure why yet and I am wondering if it is worth working on.

eivholt

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 5:28 PM

All replies

• Windows Store apps are certified using the Windows App Cert Kit. If you need technical help with your certification failures you will need to provide more information about the failure and about how the app is set up in that area.

--Rob

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 6:12 PM
    Owner
  • Thank you for your reply. I am having repeated rejections on my app. After a bit of refactoring and redesigning they report that my app is crashing on launch. The only way I have been able to reproduce crashes so far is by setting LuaPriv with Application Verifier. Therefore I was wondering if this is enabled in the certification testing environment? Or is LuaPriv irrelevant and not a path I should investigate any further? I just confirmed that a clean app made with the Grid App template shows the same behavior. All my apps go through Windows App Cert Kit, unless I toggle LuaPriv. I have uploaded my project in this thread and would greatly appreciate if anyone could have a look at it!

eivholt

Tuesday, February 26, 2013 8:54 PM