SubmitChanges operation is already in progress on this DomainContext RRS feed

• Question

• I am running into this issue all the sudden. Is anyone taking advantage of the DomainContext.IsSubmitting? If so, what are you doing with it. All I know to do at this point is to check the IsSubmitting, and wait to submit changes until it is done by attaching a call back to all calls to SubmitChanges, then firing another one if HasChanges is true. I would love to see what others are doing here.

Thanks,
    Roger

Thursday, August 13, 2009 8:50 PM

Answers

• It looks like you have to block your view when the data context is "busy" by either disabling the view or by showing a "busy..." popup. It will be easier to program against when you only allow one pending request. But I must admit that I haven't payed any attention to it yet either.

Friday, August 14, 2009 3:50 PM
  • Hi Roger,

You could use ActivityControl, binding IsActive property to DomainDataSource.IsSubmitingChanges. then Activity will automaticly disable UI and displaying waiting info while domaindatasource submiting changes. see this blog

http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2009/03/20/silverlight-3-activity-control.aspx

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:20 AM

All replies

• I also wonder what will happen when you cancel the request from the client. Will it still complete the transaction on the server?

Friday, August 14, 2009 2:48 AM
  • I am not sure. At this point I am not even attempting transactions. I just need a way to handle a situation when I want to submit changes, but a 'submit' is already in progress.

Friday, August 14, 2009 3:38 PM
  • It looks like you have to block your view when the data context is "busy" by either disabling the view or by showing a "busy..." popup. It will be easier to program against when you only allow one pending request. But I must admit that I haven't payed any attention to it yet either.

Friday, August 14, 2009 3:50 PM
  • Hi Roger,

You could use ActivityControl, binding IsActive property to DomainDataSource.IsSubmitingChanges. then Activity will automaticly disable UI and displaying waiting info while domaindatasource submiting changes. see this blog

http://blogs.msdn.com/brada/archive/2009/03/20/silverlight-3-activity-control.aspx

Thursday, August 20, 2009 2:20 AM