XAML Data Entry Form with (multi-column) example? RRS feed

• Question

• Hello,

I'm new to Windows 8 Store App development with XAML.  I was wondering if there are any examples or tutorials to create a data entry form that utilizes multiple columns so that the user can swipe left and right through the form?

Thanks in advance,

Derek

Wednesday, November 13, 2013 11:41 PM

Answers

• You can create a data-bound multiple-column view with a ListView and an item template designed to put elements of the item in different grid columns.

See Adding ListView and GridView controlsand the XAML ListView and GridView essentials sample

I'll assume that you're using C# and will move your post to that forum. If that is incorrect then please let us know what language you are using so we can get you to the right place.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:40 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:26 AM

All replies

• You can create a data-bound multiple-column view with a ListView and an item template designed to put elements of the item in different grid columns.

See Adding ListView and GridView controlsand the XAML ListView and GridView essentials sample

I'll assume that you're using C# and will move your post to that forum. If that is incorrect then please let us know what language you are using so we can get you to the right place.

--Rob

• Marked as answer by Anne Jing Wednesday, November 20, 2013 8:40 AM
    Thursday, November 14, 2013 2:26 AM
  • Thanks for the help Rob!  I'll take a look at the ListView examples...

And yes i am using c#. 

Thanks again

Thursday, November 14, 2013 4:23 PM