none
VS2015 Update 1

Question

• I downloaded the ISO file for VS2015 Update 1. I then burned a DVD from the ISO file. When I tried to run the DVD, it said that I first had to uninstall my current, initial VS2015 (which I suppose is Update 0). Why do I have to uninstall my current initial VS2015? That seems like a huge waste of time.

L.M.Cohen

Thursday, January 07, 2016 5:35 AM

Answers

• Hi All:

I found and solved the problem. I had tried to install the update 1 COMMUNITY version over my PROFESSIONAL version. This was properly not permitted. When I went back and tried to install update 1 PROFESSIONAL version over my PROFESSIONAL version, this was permitted.

Thank you for responding.

Regards.

L.M. Cohen

L.M.Cohen

• Marked as answer by LMNUCOHEN Friday, January 08, 2016 4:39 PM
    Friday, January 08, 2016 4:38 PM

All replies

• Hi L.M.Cohen,

>> it said that I first had to uninstall my current, initial VS2015 (which I suppose is Update 0). Why do I have to uninstall my current initial VS2015?

Actually you mean that if you install the VS2015 update1(just the update package), it will let you uninstall the previous whole VS IDE, am I right?

As far as I know, we don't need to uninstall the previous VS IDE, for example, I installed the VS2015 Enterprise RTM version before, and then it released the VS2015 update1 singly, so I just install the update 1 in my side, it works normally.

Just to make this issue clearly, which VS2015 version did you really install? Open your VS, click Help->About VS, please share me the detailed version information.

Reference:

https://www.visualstudio.com/en-us/news/vs2015-update1-vs.aspx

Or you could install the VS2015 update 1 using web way, check it again. At least, we could know that whether it is related to your ISO file.

Best Regards,

Jack

We are trying to better understand customer views on social support experience, so your participation in this interview project would be greatly appreciated if you have time. Thanks for helping make community forums a great place.
    Click HERE to participate the survey.

Friday, January 08, 2016 10:00 AM
  • Hi All:

I found and solved the problem. I had tried to install the update 1 COMMUNITY version over my PROFESSIONAL version. This was properly not permitted. When I went back and tried to install update 1 PROFESSIONAL version over my PROFESSIONAL version, this was permitted.

Thank you for responding.

Regards.

L.M. Cohen

L.M.Cohen

• Marked as answer by LMNUCOHEN Friday, January 08, 2016 4:39 PM
    Friday, January 08, 2016 4:38 PM