none
How to pass parameter into the asynchronous xx_completed procedure ? RRS feed

• Question

• Hi guys, I wish someone can help me, I cant find anything on the web about this issue;

I am trying to do asynchronous call to the WCF.

Here is the example code:

private void DoTotalRevenue(string objectToPopulate)
    {
       _ppws.GetTotalRevenueCompleted += new EventHandler<GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs>(DoTotalRevenue_Completed);
       _ppws.GetTotalRevenueAsync();
    }

private void DoTotalRevenue_Completed(object sender, GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
      //I need to get that string objectToPopulate into here.
    }

My Question is how can I pass that variable string objectToPopulate in DoTotalRevenue to the DoTotalRevenue_Completed

Thank you very much.

Tempolong

Sunday, April 11, 2010 10:58 PM

Answers

• private void DoTotalRevenue(string objectToPopulate)
    {
       _ppws.GetTotalRevenueCompleted += new EventHandler<GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs>(DoTotalRevenue_Completed);
       _ppws.GetTotalRevenueAsync(objectToPopulate);
    }

private void DoTotalRevenue_Completed(object sender, GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs e)
    {
      string objectToPopulate = (string)e.UserState;
    }

Use the GetTotalRevenueAsync overload that accepts an object parameter called userState. This userState is passed to your event handler in UserState property in GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:56 AM

All replies

• private void DoTotalRevenue(string objectToPopulate)
    {
       _ppws.GetTotalRevenueAsync(objectToPopulate);
    }

{
      string objectToPopulate = (string)e.UserState;
    }

Use the GetTotalRevenueAsync overload that accepts an object parameter called userState. This userState is passed to your event handler in UserState property in GetTotalRevenueCompletedEventArgs.

Monday, April 12, 2010 12:56 AM
  • Thanks, I'll give it a try.
    Monday, April 12, 2010 1:01 AM